Who would have thought that Cacao can be used as an exfoliating soap? Not me though.
When they sent over the products, I really thought that I will receive food related products. Instead, two rectangular soaps greet me hello.
Cacao Culture Farm
Cacao Culture Farms is proudly grown, harvested and processed in Davao City, the Chocolate Capital of the Philippines. Their cacao beans are grown their. They also supplement their supply by working with different small-holder farmers and farmer cooperatives in Davao, City.
I will share to you the products that I have tried from their shop.
❤ Cacao Tea (chocolate tea)
Buy this for Php 65.00 (tea bags) or Php 250.00 (tea box)
They claim that this is 100% made of cacao husk, or the outer shell of the cacao beans. It is vegan friendly and is sugar-free. Also, its dairy free.
My thoughts: I really thought that this is kind of sweet because they labeled it with chocolate. It was actually bitter and I need to put muscovado sugar( the available sugar at that time) so that I can drink it. But,good thing about this is you can actually control the amount of sweeteners to add. I really believe that this is really made of 100% cacao husk and its sugar free.
❤ Chocolate Tablea
Buy this for Php 150.00
Coming from the Spanish word “tablea” meaning tablet, chocolate tablea is a 100% pure chocolate packed in tablet form. It is made up of dried cocoa beans roasted and grinded until it makes a thick paste. Alternatively spelled as “tableya”, these chocolate disks make the traditional Filipino hot chocolate drink and other Filipino chocolate food items. — (@cacaoculturefarm)
They claim that this is 100% made of pure cacao. It is vegan friendly and is sugar-free. Also, its dairy free. It is also rich in antioxidants, fiber and magnesium.
My thoughts: So here I am again thinking that this is sweet coz’ there is chocolate word in the brand name. I took a quick little bite. When I chew it, I throw it up hurriedly. (huhu sorrynotsorry!) It was bitter and it made me believe that this products are sugar free and 100% made with cacao. I actually drink it as a hot chocolate and added a little amount of sugar. I can taste and see traces of cacao bits in the tea. That’s good, right? We also made a champorado with it. It was awesomely yummy and delicious.
❤ Roasted Cacao Nibs with Coconut Sugar
Buy this for Php 80.00
Cacao nibs are cacao beans that have been separated from the husk. Our cacao nibs are roasted, adding a depth of flavor, and then coated with coconut sugar. This is vegan-friendly product.
How To Use Cacao Nibs with Coconut Sugar
Your cacao nibs can be enjoyed straight from the pack, or blended into smoothies, added onto pastries, ice cream, fudge, trail mixes, baked goods and even adding flavor to your kombucha. It is also a healthier alternative to chocolate chips, and can be mixed with your coffee, milk, cookies, pancakes and a lot more.
My thoughts: I tried to eat it on its own. I did try hard but I did not like the taste of it. It is bitter but my office mate loves it too much. It has benefits kuno. Thank you, next!
❤ Cacao Exfoliating Body Soap
Buy this for Php 150.00
Infused with skin-loving cocoa butter. This soap gently exfoliates and cleans while helping to soften and nourish skin, leaving it radiant and healthy looking.
Main Ingredients: Virgin Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Cacao Nibs
Best For: Dry Skin
My thoughts: I am loving this soap since day one of using it. I can feel that my skin has been exfoliated. The scent is lovely to smell. One thing it lacks though, it should leave smoothness unto the skin after using.
❤ Chocolate Body Soap
Buy this for Php 150.00
Infused with skin-loving cocoa butter. This moisturizing soap cleanses and helps soften skin.
Main Ingredients: Virgin Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Powder Made in Davao City, Philippines
Best For: Dry and Sensitive Skin
My thoughts: I am loving this soap too since day one of using it. I can smell the chocolate scent it gives after applying it unto my body. Here is a little secret. I licked the soap once to know if it tasted chocolate-y. Girl! I waaaas so right. Hahaha! One thing it lacks though, it should leave smoothness unto the skin after using. Well, there is still room for improvement, right?
❤ Pure and Unrefined Cocoa Butter Chunks
❤ Roasted Cacao Nibs (Plain)
❤ Cocoa Powder (Pure, Unsweetened)
Where to buy?
For bulk/wholesale or international shipping, you may email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and their team would be more than willing to process your order manually.
The products are available at their partnered stores below.
- The Vegan Grocer – 201 Recto St., Brgy. Addition Hills San Juan City
- Market Liberty, Evia Lifestyle Center, Daang Hari Road, Las Piñas City
- Go Lokal! Concept Store, Ground Floor, Trade and Industry Building, 361 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Ave, Makati City
- CityMall Anabu, Imus, Cavite – Aguinaldo Highway, Brgy. Anabu 1C, Imus, Cavite
- CityMall Calamba, Laguna – Manila South Road, Brgy. Halang, Calamba, Laguna
- CityMall Santa Rosa, Nueva Ecija – Pan-Philippine Highway, Brgy. Poblacion, Sta. Rosa City, Nueva Ecija
- CityMall Dau, Pampanga – Dau Access Road, Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga
- CityMall San Carlos City, Pangasinan – Burgos Street cor. Posadas Street and Roxas Boulevard, Brgy. Poblacion, San Carlos City, Pangasinan
- CityMall Mayombo, Dagupan City – Calasiao – Dagupan Road, Brgy. Mayombo, Dagupan City
- CityMall Tiaong, Quezon – Maharlika Highway, Brgy. Lalig, Tiaong, Quezon
- CityMall SCTEX, Concepcion – Brgy. Santiago, Conception, Tarlac, SCTEX Southbound
- CityMall Tarlac City – McArthur Highway, Brgy. San Rafael, Tarlac City
- CityMall Kalibo, Aklan – F. Quimpo Street connecting Mabini St. & Toting Reyes St., Bgry. Andagao, Kalibo, Aklan
- CityMall Boracay – Sitio Diniwid, Brgy. Balabag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan
- CityMall Arnaldo, Roxas – Arnaldo Avenue, Brgy. Baybay, Roxas City
- CityMall Roxas Avenue, Capiz – Roxas Avenue, Brgy. VI, Roxas City
- CityMall Consolacion, Cebu – Sta. Lucia Town Square, Cansaga, Consolacion Cebu
- CityMall Danao City – Olivar Sr. Extension corner F. Ralota St., Brgy. Poblacion, Danao City, Cebu
- CityMall Tagbak, Jaro, Iloilo – McArthur Highway, Brgy. Tagbak, Jaro, Iloilo City
- CityMall Parola, Iloilo – Fort San Pedro Drive, Parola Wharf, Brgy. Concepcion, Iloilo City
- CityMall Passi City – Iloilo- Antique Road, Brgy. Poblacion Ilawod, Passi City, Iloilo
- CityMall Pavia, Iloilo City – Vice President Fernando Lopez Ave. Cor Iloilo Circumferential Road 1, Brgy. Ungkal II, Pavia Iloilo
- CityMall Mandalagan, Bacolod – Lacson St. corner G. M. Cordova Ave., Brgy. Mandalagan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
- CityMall Kabankalan City – Justice Perez Highway, Brgy. Talubangi, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental
- CityMall Victorias City – Osmeña Ave., Bgry. Victorias Viejo, Victorias City, Negros Occidental
- CityMall San Carlos, Negros – Azcona St. corner CL Ledesma Ave., Brgy. Poblacion, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental
- CityMall Goldenfields, Bacolod – Goldenfields Commercial Complex, Araneta St., Brgy. Singcang, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
- CityMall Cadiz City, Negros – Villena St., Barangay Poblacion, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental
- CityMall Dumaguete City – Veterans Avenue, National Highway, Brgy. Daro, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
- CityMall Calapan City, Mindoro – A. Bonifacio cor. Roxas Dr, Brgy. Ilaya, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
- CityMall Sorsogon City – Rizal St., Brgy. Poblacion, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Cacao City Davao – Pasalubong Center, Palma Gil St., Davao City
- Sea Green Cafe + Boutique Rooms – 15 Jacinto Extension, Dona Vicenta Subd., Davao City, Davao del Sur
- Davao International Airport – Daang Maharlika Highway, Buhangin, Davao City
- Echostore Davao – Unit 1, Lenel Building, Robinsons Highlands, Diversion Road, Buhangin, Davao City
Cagayan De Oro City
- Echostore CDO – 72 Domingo Velez St. corner Pres. Aguinaldo St, Cagayan de Oro City
- CityMall Iponan, Cagayan De Oro City – Claro M. Recto Ave., Brgy. Iponan, Cagayan de Oro City
- CityMall Bulua, Cagayan De Oro City – Brgy. Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City
- CityMall Cotabato City – Gov. Gutierrez Avenue, Brgy. Rosary Heights VII, Cotabato City
Davao Del Norte
- CityMall Tagum City, Davao – Maharlika Highway cor. Lapu-lapu Extension, Brgy. Magugpo, Tagum City
- CityMall Koronadal City – Purok Martinez, Brgy. Zone IV, Koronadal City, South Cotabato
- CityMall Isulan, Sultan Kudarat – Isulan-Tacurong City Road, Brgy. Poblacion, Isulan, Sultan Kudarat
- CityMall Tetuan, Zamboanga – Don Alfaro Street, Bgry. Tetuan, Zamboanga City
Zamboanga Del Norte
- CityMall Dipolog City – Dipolog – Zamboanga Highway, Brgy. Sta. Filomena, Dipolog City