Before Bacalla Woods Campsite has been known, it is a hangout by Bacalla family. Bacalla is the surname of the family that owns the place. It is known for its swing. Remember the famous swing in Bali, Indonesia?.Yes!,you can now go to this place to experience the magical feeling and surreal moment of putting your faith in a branch of tree to swing.
My friends and I decided to find some escape from our daily grinds of work and it did leads us to Bacalla Woods Campsite. They where eager to go to Bacalla Woods Campsite because of the famous swing. The insane swing and hammock.
More activities: Bacalla Woods Campsite : Overnight Camping in Cebu,Philippines.
Bugho Falls can also be trekked starting from Bacalla Campsite. The picture below is a part of the falls. See its wonders and be amazed by mother natures water geography.
More info: Trekking and Chasing Falls at Bugho Falls.
- Just go to Cebu South Bus and wait on Door 8. The bus sign or screen will flash places like Argao, Oslob or Carcar. Hop on to that bus. This is for air-conditioned buses which cost around Php 60.00 or $1.20. Just ask the bus conductor if it will pass by San Isidro, San Fernando.
- When you hop off the bus, many motorcycles are waiting for you, just tell them that you are off to Bacalla Campsite. Fare is per motorcycle and cost about 90.00php or $1.74 per motorcycle.
- From Colon St. near starbucks, you can ride a jeep to Bulacao a 10F jeep. Then hop off at Bulacao. This will cost you around 10.00php or $0.20.
- Then hop on a jeep starting with 44 or 45 and ask the driver if they will go to San Isidro, San Fernando. This will cost you around 10.00php to 15.00php or $0.2-0.3.
- When you hop off the jeep, many motorcycles are waiting for you, just tell them that you are off to Bacalla Campsite. Fare is per motorcycle and cost about 90.00php or $1.74 per motorcycle.
By Private Car or Taxi.
|12:00nn-1:00pm||Meet Up at Cebu South Bus|
|1:00pm-1:30pm||Waiting for the Bus to arrive|
|1:30pm-3:00pm||Travel time of bus from Cebu South to San Isidro, San Fernando||60Php or $1.2|
|3:00pm-3:20pm||Motorcycle ride from San Isidro, San Fernando to Bacalla Campsite||90php per motor good for 2-3 persons or $1.74|
|3:20pm-400pm||Register, Unpack things|
|4:00pm-6:00pm||Picture taking, Explore the Campsite, Decide whether to set-up tent or use hammock|
|6:00pm-7:00pm||Rendezvous with other friends and dinner|
|7:00pm-12am||Stargaze, Chit Chat with friends|
|7:00am-8:00am||Preparing things for trekking and going to Bugho Falls|
|8:00am-9:00am||Breakfast (they serve free breakfast)|
|9:00am-9:25am||Briefing about the trek to Bugho Falls with the guides|
|9:25am-11:30am||Trek to Bugho Falls with some stops|
|11:30-12:12pm||Bugho Falls Picture taking or swimming|
|12:12pm-12:45pm||Motorcycle Ride from Bugho Falls to Bacalla Campsite||Php 50.00 or $1|
|12:45pm-2:00pm||Prepping up before going home|
|2:00pm-3:00pm||Bacalla Campsite to Naga Boardwalk (late lunch)|
|3:00pm-5:00pm||Naga to Cebu South Bus|
If you’re planning an overnight trip at Bacalla Woods Campsite and trek at Bugho Falls with your friends, here are some figures that you might want to take note of.
60 php – Bus ride from Cebu South Bus to San Isidro,San Fernando
90 php/3 – Motorcycle Ride from San Isidro, San Fernando to Bacalla Campsite (good for 2-3 pax)
150php – Hammock Rental
100php – Boodle Fight -care off friends
200php – Overnight with Breakfast (Entrance fee)
50 php – Trek to Bugho Falls
Total Expenses : 590 PHP
For more accommodation rates, visit their FB Page or contact Bacalla.
0923-825-6945 – or reach them through their Sun cellular number
Here are some tips to enjoy a smooth sailing adventure.
- Reservations. Bacalla Campsite is Fully booked during this time of year because it was featured in televisions so more crowds will go there. Walk-ins are still welcome but with an additional fee.
- Off-Lotion. Remember to bring some mosquito repellent lotion to avoid certain diseases.
- Bring your own food,water and snacks. To attain the budget goals I have written just bring some snacks and cook your own.
- Have a Star Guide or Map.Download a stargazing app on your mobile phone. Limited or non-existent electricity on the camping area makes them an ideal places to watch the stars!
- Tent.Bring your own tent or borrow from a friend so that you can save money.
Have fun and enjoy. Do not forget to share your story with me.
DID YOU ENJOY THE POST? PIN IT FOR LATER!