Osmeña Peak is one of the highest peak one can find in Cebu. It is located in the Municipality of Dalaguete in the province of Cebu.
DID YOU KNOW?
Cebu came from the historic Cebuano word sibu or sibo (meaning trade). It is also widely known as Sugbu or Queen City of the South.
Osmeña Peak Height: 1013 meters above sea level
Entry Point : Mantalongon Market, Dalaguete, Cebu
Trek Time: 30 minutes (jump-off at the ent
Best Month to hike : January-June
Climbing Difficulty: Easy
Where to best exchange currency?
It is best to exchange currency in your country way before your trip. Try to plan this too when booking plane tickets.
Buying Pocket WiFi?
Klook also provides this. Without hassle, you can either choose to pick it up at airports.
You can check and book it here.
HOW TO GET TO CEBU (where Osmena Peak is)
- The fastest way to reach Cebu is by plane.
- Cebu is an international destination with flights from Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea.
- Arrival is at at the Mactan International Airport almost daily.
- There are daily ferries to and from Cebu, Manila, Bohol, Negros, Leyte, Butuan, Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Ozamis, Iligan and etc.
HOW TO GET TO OSMEÑA PEAK
- Entry Point is Cebu South Terminal Bus near E-Mall
- Ride a bus bound for Bato via Oslob.
- Be sure to tell the bus conductor to drop you off at the Dalaguete junction for Osmeña Peak (the landmark is 7 Eleven). Fare is PHP 120 (€2.5, $2, SGD 3) and travel time is about 2-3 hours.
- At the Dalaguete junction, negotiate for a habal-habal (motorbike) ride that will take you all the way to the trail head of Osmeña Peak.Fare is PHP 50 (€0.9, $1, SGD 1.25) and travel time is about 40 minutes- 1 hour.
- Entry Point is SM City Cebu.
- Below is the map that will take you to Dalaguete from SM City Cebu.
OSMEÑA PEAK CEBU
On my part, my friends and I bring a car and this attraction is part of our so called South Road Trip.
|Check out: Road Trip in Cebu : Guide and Itinerary
We rode a private car so we easily arrived at the entrance of the trail head of Osmena Peak.
If you rode the public transport at south bus ,it will drop you off at the Dalaguete Junction (7-eleven). From there, you can either ride a motorcycle for hire that will take you to the trail head of Osmena Peak or you directly hike to Osmeña Peak that will take you at least 1-2 hours.
REGISTRATION BUILDING (TRAIL HEAD)
Speaking of registration, you need to register you name and the time of your visit, as well as to pay the 30 pesos entrance fee before you can proceed. The registration area is also where some keepsake items/ souvenirs are sold.
OUR CLIMBING BEGINS!
After taking pictures near the entrance, a kid approached us asking if we needed a guide. We answered again in unison saying “No, we can handle ourselves”. Deep inside I feel like I can’t handle it because my friends said that the hiking took almost 40 mins.
We trekked with our own pace. The weather was a bit sunny.
Of course, I brought an umbrella.
I took some more pictures when we feel like it’s instagrammable (oh millennials!)
I saw someone with a wood cane. Maybe, it serves as their support in trekking uphill.
OVERNIGHT CAMPING IS ALLOWED
I also saw a tent standing still in a slanted portion of the mountain. I was so afraid for them because the wind blew oh so hard that they might flew right out of sight.
For a total of 20-30 minutes, I arrived at the peak together with my friends.
LOCALS SELLING FRESH VEGETABLES ALONG THE TRAILS
We also saw some locals selling fresh vegetables.
SAMPLE 1 DAY ITINERARY
Sample 1 Day Itinerary
06:00 am – Meet up with friends at E-mall
07:00 am – Eat Breakfast
07:30 am – ETD to Mantalongon, Cebu at South Bus
10:00 am – Arrived at Mantalogon Market
10:15 am – Habal-Habal from Mantalangon Market to Osmena Peak Trail
10:45 am – Arrived at Osmena Peak Trail
11:00 am – Registration area and Preparation (they have comfort rooms)
11:15 am – Climbing Osmena Peak
12:00 nn – Lunch at the Peak (if you brought some) and Picture taking
12:30 nn – En route back to the Registation area
12:30 nn – Lunch
01:00 pm – En route back to Mantalongon Market
01:40 pm – Waiting for bus to Cebu
04:00 pm – Arrived at Cebu South Bus! (HOME)
Osmena Peak Budget Breakdown
|Routes||Fare per person||Remarks|
|Cebu South Bus to Dalaguete Junction||PHP 120 (€2.5, $2, SGD 3)||Travel time is about 2-3 hours|
|Dalaguete Junction to Osmena Trail Head||PHP 50 (€0.9, $1, SGD 1.25)||Travel time is about 40 mins- 1hr.|
|Registration fee/ Entrance fee||PHP 30 (€0.5, $0.6, SGD 0.75)|
|Camping fee||PHP 50 (€0.9, $1, SGD 1.25)||For campers!|
- Whale Shark Watching in Oslob
- Tumalog Falls ([icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] 3 h 45 mins/ 127 km via Natalio Bacalso Avenue/[icon name=”map-pin” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Oslob)
- Kawasan Falls ([icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] 3 h 29 min/ 113 min via Santander – Barili – Toledo Rd/[icon name=”map-pin” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Badian)
- Bacalla Woods Campsite
- Aguinid Falls ([icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] 4 h 7 min/ 143 km via Santander – Barili – Toledo Rd /[icon name=”map-pin” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Samboan)
- Maze Garden and Museum in Toledo
- Bacalla Woods Campsite
- Rock Formation in Boljoon
- Inambakan Falls ([icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]4 h 7 min/ 139 km via Santander – Barili – Toledo Rd/[icon name=”map-pin” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Ginatilan)
- Molave Milk Station
- Simala Marina Church
REMINDERS,NOTES & TIPS
- Study Your Location
Every location is unique and so are the rules while trekking on it. Carry a map with you all the time so that you know exactly where you are so that you can find your way back.
- Medical Kit
Stuff your bag with all the necessary medicines and medical tools.
- Emergency Contacts
Remember “Prevention is better than cure.” This is just a precautionary step. I genuinely do not want to see you in any trouble at all
- Please Inform
“Leaving a simple text to your family or trusted friends.” If something unfortunate happens, your loved one’s will find you.
- Plenty Of Essentials
Carry at least 3 liters of water and plenty of nutrition bars. They are light and filling till the time you find any other source.
MAP TO HELP YOU LOCATE OSMENA PEAK
Have you ever tried to Climb any mountain? How was it? Try Osmeña Peak!