Planning on a road trip but don’t have the time to plan on where to go?
No worries! Shellwanders got your back!
In a minute, you will read the exact destinations that I included during my road trip in Cebu City South.
DID YOU KNOW?
Cebu came from the historic Cebuano word sibu or sibo (meaning trade). It is also widely known as Sugbu or Queen City of the South.
Where to best exchange currency?
It is best to exchange currency in your country way before your trip. Try to plan this too when booking plane tickets to save more!
Buying Pocket WiFi?
Klook also provides this. Without hassle, you can either choose to pick it up at airports.
You can check and book it here.
HOW TO GET TO CEBU
- The fastest way to reach Cebu is by plane.
- Cebu is an international destination with flights from Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea.
- Arrival is at at the Mactan International Airport almost daily.
- There are daily ferries to and from Cebu, Manila, Bohol, Negros, Leyte, Butuan, Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Ozamis, Iligan and etc.
CEBU SOUTH ROAD TRIP
A day in Cebu is not enough considering the beaches and mountains in the area. It is just not enough.
Trying a road trip in Cebu does not hurt and who else can say no to Road Trip? Maybe you but not me.
First, we planned to actually go straight to Osmeña Peak.
We were so hyped about the place because we heard a lot of good reviews about the place.
A friend of mine said the we will be passing through Simala,Sibonga and suggested that we might as well visit the sacred church in Simala.
In a heartbeat and in unison, we all said, yes.
We rode a private car so we easily arrived at the entrance of the place.
A few locals were selling foods and drinks in the area. Souvenirs were also being sold.
After taking pictures near the entrance, a kid approached us asking if we needed a guide. We answered again in unison saying “No, we can handle ourselves”. Deep inside I feel like I can’t handle it because my friends said that the hiking took almost 40 mins.
We trekked with our own pace. The weather was a bit sunny.
Of course, I brought an umbrella.
I took some more pictures when we feel like it’s instagrammable (oh millennials!)
I saw someone with a wood cane. Maybe, it serves as their support in trekking uphill.
I also saw a tent standing still in a slanted portion of the mountain. I was so afraid for them because the wind blew oh so hard that they might flew right out of sight.
For a total of 20 minutes, I arrived at the peak together with my friends.
MAZE GARDEN & MUSEUM
Unfortunately, we arrived in this destination around 4-5pm and their opening hours was till 4pm.
We pleaded and pleaded to the guard so that he could let us in.
Unlucky, we did not get to see the wonders of this place.
To our dismay, we took a polaroid photo using the gate to the entrance of the maze & museum as our background.
CEBU SOUTH ROAD TRIP ITINERARY
Road Trip Itinerary around Cebu City South
06:00 am – Meet up with friends
07:00 am – Eat Breakfast
09:00 am – Arrived at Simala Shrine Church
11:00 am – Arrived at Osmeña Peak
11:40 am – ETA Camiguin Airport
02:15 pm – Arrived at Moalboal then Grab lunch
05:00 pm – Arrived at Toledo Maze Garden and Museum
05:30 pm – En route to Tisa,Labangon
07:30 pm – Dinner at Tisa
08:30 pm – En route to Home
Alternative Road Trip Itinerary around Cebu City South
03:00 am – Meet up with friends
04:00 am – En route to Whale Shark Watching in Oslob
06:30 am – Arrived and Register for Whale Shark Watching & Eat Breakfast
07:30 am – Swim with the Sharks
08:30 am – En route to Tumalog Falls
10:00 am – Change Clothes
10:20 am – En route to Simala Church
12:30 nn – Arrived at Simala area and Grab lunch
01:30 pm – Visit Simala Church
02:30 pm – En route to Cebu City Proper
04:30 pm – Arrived at Cebu City
06:00 pm – Arrived at Tops Busay
- Whale Shark Watching in Oslob
- Tumalog Falls ([icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] 3 h 45 mins/ 127 km via Natalio Bacalso Avenue/[icon name=”map-pin” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Oslob)
- Kawasan Falls ([icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] 3 h 29 min/ 113 min via Santander – Barili – Toledo Rd/[icon name=”map-pin” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Badian)
- Bacalla Woods Campsite
- Aguinid Falls ([icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] 4 h 7 min/ 143 km via Santander – Barili – Toledo Rd /[icon name=”map-pin” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Samboan)
- Maze Garden and Museum in Toledo
- Bacalla Woods Campsite
- Rock Formation in Boljoon
- Inambakan Falls ([icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]4 h 7 min/ 139 km via Santander – Barili – Toledo Rd/[icon name=”map-pin” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Ginatilan)
Reminders, Tips and Notes
- Study Your Location
Every location is unique and so are the rules while trekking on it. Carry a map with you all the time so that you know exactly where you are so that you can find your way back.
- Medical Kit
Stuff your bag with all the necessary medicines and medical tools.
- Emergency Contacts
Remember “Prevention is better than cure.” This is just a precautionary step. I genuinely do not want to see you in any trouble at all
- Please Inform
“Leaving a simple text to your family or trusted friends.” If something unfortunate happens, your loved one’s will find you.
- Plenty Of Essentials
Carry at least 3 liters of water and plenty of nutrition bars. They are light and filling till the time you find any other source.